When to Get a Hearing Evaluation
Common Hearing Problems
If you answer “Yes” to one or more of these questions, a hearing evaluation may be recommended.
• Do you find yourself asking others to repeat what they said?
• Do you avoid people and large gatherings?
• Do you have difficulty understanding what is being said on the TV, radio or telephone?
• Do you hear what people say, but not understand what they are saying?
• Do your family members complain that you are not hearing them?
If you answer yes to three or more questions on this checklist you may want to see an audiologist for a hearing evaluation.
Please also visit our online Resource Library for more information about hearing loss.