Individual and Group Therapy
We provide individual and group therapy sessions. Frequency, length and duration of therapy are determined by the findings and clinical recommendations from a current evaluation report within the past year, as well as the clinical judgment of the treating therapist.
- Therapy programs are designed to meet the individual needs of each child in order to maximize their communication abilities.
- Formal treatment plans outlining a child’s goals and progress reports are completed at regular intervals to document the child’s ongoing progress related to the goals and continued areas of need.
- Family involvement and instruction are an integral part of all therapy programs. Home programming is emphasized to support and promote carryover of skills.
- Computer-assisted diagnostic and therapy tools are available and incorporated into the programs of those individuals for whom it is indicated to be beneficial.
- Therapy is coordinated with the other professionals participating in the child’s care. Services available within TLC include: audiology, occupational therapy, counseling, psychological and educational testing and tutoring. Referrals to other disciplines for additional services are made when appropriate.
Evaluation and therapy address the following major areas:
- Language Development Delays / Disorders
- Pragmatic Language Disorders
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Speech Production Disorders
- Oral Motor and Feeding Problems
- Voice Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
This therapeutic group is for children identified with language and sensory processing disorders that interfere with relating and communicating. Groups are led by an occupational therapist with a mental health professional and speech-language pathologist. The program utilizes the Developmental, Individual differences, Relationship-based DIR® / Floortime Model™ for early intervention.
This new interdisciplinary program combines the resources of our Outpatient Speech-Language and Occupational Therapy Services and is staffed by licensed occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists.