We provide individual and group therapy sessions. Frequency, length and duration of therapy are determined by the findings and clinical recommendations from a current evaluation report within the past year, as well as the clinical judgment.
- Therapy programs are designed to meet the individual needs of each child in order to maximize his/her communication abilities.
- Formal treatment plans outlining a child’s goals are provided. Progress reports are completed at regular intervals to document the child’s ongoing progress related to the goals and continued areas of need.
- Family involvement and instruction are an integral part of all therapy programs. Home programming is emphasized to support and promote the carryover of skills.
- Therapy is coordinated with the other professionals participating in the child’s care. Services available within TLC include: hearing testing, occupational therapy, counseling, psychological and educational testing, and tutoring. Referrals to other disciplines for additional services are made when appropriate.
Speech-Language Therapy addresses the following areas:
- Language Disorders
- Social-Pragmatic Language Disorder
- Motor-Speech/Articulation Disorders
- Feeding Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Augmentative-Alternative Communication needs