Some individuals and families are not sure if and when they should pursue an evaluation for their child. Some indicators for when to seek an evaluation include:
- If your child is demonstrating behaviors (disruptive, withdrawn) that interfere with functioning,
- If your child is struggling with homework, learning/retaining information, or studying more than seems typical,
- If you begin to observe self-esteem concerns,
- If your child is failing to perform to expectations in school.
- If you are struggling to complete the tasks of your job
- If you are wondering if you qualify for testing accommodations
- If you need documentation of a disability as an adult