The Katherine Thomas School
9975 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: (301) 738-9691
Fax: (301) 738-8897
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Get Started Now
- 2023 Speech-Language and Occupational Therapy Camp Registration Form
- 2023 The Katherine Thomas School High School Learning Enrichment Program Registration Form
- 2023 The Katherine Thomas Lower-Middle School Learning Enrichment Program Registration Form
- Registration for the KTS Learning Enrichment Program is just 3 steps away!
TLC’s Speech-Language and Occupational Therapy Summer Camps serve young children with speech-language and occupational therapy needs ages 2.5 to 7. Our Learning Enrichment program through the Katherine Thomas School serves students with language, learning, and sensory-motor disabilities and/or high-functioning autism K-8 in the lower/middle school and grades 9-12 in the high school.
Summer Programs staff are certified special education teachers, licensed speech-language pathologists, and occupational therapists and teacher assistants. Volunteers are also utilized after undergoing an extensive review process and background check that applies to all TLC staff.
TLC understands that COVID-19 may impact summer programs. If TLC’s Summer Programs are unable to operate due to COVID-19 you will receive a full refund.
Why choose TLC’s Summer Programs? We provide quality small group summer programs for children with special needs. Our expertise in these areas is unparalleled in the community.
Designed for children ages three to seven, our Speech-Language and Occupational Therapy Summer Camps provide fun-filled therapeutic summer learning experiences. A variety of programs support continued progress for your child.
For lower and middle school children, our Learning Enrichment Program complements the Katherine Thomas School curriculum. These multi-sensory, cross-curricular programs engage students through a fun and creative thematic approach to learning.
Our High School Summer Program immerses students entering grades 9 to 12 in a multitude of activities including history, STEM, art, and team-building while reinforcing academic skills and self-confidence.
Our Workplace Success Program provides a hands-on experience to help prepare young adults for the world of work. Workplace Success allows participants to apply, practice, and improve job skills learned through TLC Outcomes Services program.
- The low student to teacher ratio makes me feel like my son always has eyes on him.
- TLC made working on social skills and speech so much fun for my child. Excellent communication from staff ensured we had a good sense of where our child was on therapy goals all summer long.
- I liked the various activities that were available for my child and that a skills development plan was put into place based on my child’s IEP.
- My child was excited to go each day! He knew most of his camp friends names. The staff really did a great job with him.
- The staff are dedicated to serving the families and children. They are very affirming and positive. They have great methods and supplies and endless ideas for therapy.
- Caroline is having a terrific time in camp. She has made several new friends, comes home happy and very balanced, and is so excited to go every day. We have been really impressed with the constant flow of info with regards to what they are doing each day, as well as the weekly update on her progress on her goals.
- The student to teacher ratio is low. The progress reports were in-depth.
- My son was excited to attend camp every day and was able to transition from leaving his mother every morning which is extremely difficult for him.
- What I liked most about my experience at TLC is the courtesy, availability, and knowledge of the staff.