Phone: (301) 424-5200, ext. 159
2092 Gaither Road, Suite 100
Rockville, MD 20850
Monday – Thursday: 8 – 7:30 pm
Friday: 8 – 5 pm
Saturday: 8 – 2 pm
Get Started Now
Process and Procedures
Evaluations and therapy are by appointment only. We offer flexible scheduling with therapy sessions during the day, after school, and on Saturdays. Please contact us to schedule your appointment. You will need to complete our speech forms prior to your visit.
Insurance and Payment
Payment is due at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made. Some insurance plans may cover selected services. We strongly recommend that you call your insurance carrier prior to scheduling any services to verify any coverage.
Major credit cards accepted and a subsidy may be available for eligible families. Payment is due at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made.
Some insurance plans may cover selected services. We strongly recommend that you call your insurance carrier prior to scheduling any services to verify any coverage. Please call us to determine if you are in-network with your plan (301) 424-5200 ext. 159.
New clients will need to fill out our forms prior to their first visit.
- Joseph Nicol, M.A.
- Denise Bryant, M.A.
- Safisha Seifullah, M.S.
- Rebecca Mals, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Suzy Mabiala, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Ariel La, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Tina Gicale, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Alison Connell, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Maura Bizzozero, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Meika Billings, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Christina F. Morrissey, M.S., CCC-SLP
Welcome to Speech-Language Therapy at TLC, located in Rockville, Maryland. We understand your child’s unique needs. For over 70 years, TLC has maintained a reputation for excellence in our Speech-Language program. TLC’s Speech-Language program primarily serves children with a wide range of communication needs. We offer comprehensive evaluations, individual and group therapy, and summer camps, as well as a variety of services to the community including periodic complimentary screenings, consultative services, and workshops.
Your child’s therapy is based on careful evaluation by a qualified professional. We create treatment plans for each child and provide practical recommendations. We communicate and measure progress toward goals and change goals accordingly. We can collaborate with a wide range of other TLC services to provide full-spectrum support for your child.
Individuals who receive TLC’s speech-language services gain confidence in their ability to communicate and interact with others at home, school and in their community. Your child’s communication abilities will be maximized through the identification of the problem and individualized therapeutic support. Our strategies incorporate home-based learning approaches to facilitate your child’s progress. Read our clients’ success stories to learn more about what we do.
TLC is open for virtual services in outpatient speech-language pathology. We are offering the following telehealth options:
- Weekly individual speech-language and feeding teletherapy sessions available via Zoom
- Therapy sessions can help to develop your child’s articulation, language, feeding, and play skills
- Individualized consultation and therapy available for children using AAC devices
- Initial speech-language screens via Zoom
- Individualized consultations with a speech-language pathologist to answer your questions regarding your child’s speech or language skills
If you are a new client and would like to schedule one of our virtual services or have questions about speech-language services at The Treatment and Learning Centers, please contact us at 301-424-5200 x159.
How soon will my child complete therapy?
All children and families come to therapy with their own strengths, needs, motivations, and support systems. The rate at which a child moves through therapy is dependent upon all of these variables, and cannot be predetermined. Some children come to therapy for a very specific problem, and are discharged in a short time, while others have more long-term needs. These children may have goals that are updated and changed as improvements are noted in various areas.
Is speech-language therapy covered by insurance?
Every insurance plan is different. Before making an appointment, it is always a good idea to contact your insurance carrier to determine if your plan covers speech-language evaluation and therapy and if there are any qualifying conditions to receiving services. We can help you with questions to ask that may be helpful in determining coverage. Please call us to determine if you are in-network with your plan (301) 424-5200.
What is the difference between a screening and an evaluation?
A screening is a brief (less than 25 minutes) assessment of your child’s general developmental speech and language skills. The purpose of a screening is to determine if your child demonstrates age-appropriate speech-language skills or if further evaluation is warranted. An evaluation is an in-depth assessment of your child’s speech, language, fluency, play, social-pragmatic, and/or feeding skills. Following that assessment, a complete written report including recommendations is provided.
- Our therapist was very kind and my daughter adored her and has shown improvement in her speech.
- Our therapist did a great job engaging my son and eliciting language from him. She was so skilled at adapting the evaluation procedures to get the best from him.
- Exceptionally courteous, warm, professional and friendly staff. Our clinician was wonderful, always available and willing to offer her professional advice.
- Our therapist is wonderful with my son and with me. I enjoy working with her very much.